You can agree that styled curly hair creates for you an amazing fashion trend for that casual outing or big event. Curly hairs are one of the most beautiful and also one of the most difficult hairs to maintain because of its locks.
Over time, we have seen so many celebrities like Beyoncé, Shakira, Ariana Grande, etc. rock this beautiful hair on many occasions. Each time they appear, the style is different.
In this article, we shall be sharing on how to style naturally curly hair so that you feel more beautiful and comfortable on date night, at the office, in school, at the park, or even on the red carpet.
5 Unique Ways You Can Style Your Naturally Curly Hair
There are many ways one can choose to style curly hair. The styles can be functional for either long or short curls, or even both. Some styles are event specific, so knowing how to rock these hairdos gives you an edge in the fashion world.
1. Pineapple Updo
This is one of the most fashionable and easiest of all the styles. This style allows your face to be very visible, especially if you are wearing a perfectly blended makeup.
In this style, the hair is packed upwards like the crown of a pineapple, while some strands of hair fall on the side of the face. The pineapple updo is a really good hairstyle to rock on dinner dates because it appears romantic and flirty at the same time.
It is also used to maintain the natural curls even when you sleep.
- Apply moisturizer or hair lotion on the hair to soften it and make it shiny.
- Gather the hair upwards, allowing just one or two lock strands on both sides of the face.
- Use a band or scarf to hold or tie the hair upwards. Voila! It is done
2. Air Dried Curls
Air-dried curls are one of the most natural ways to rock those curls. Curls tend to be more beautiful when they are wet because they are frizz-free and more pronounced.
So, air-drying the curls helps to keep it in this state for a long period. It is even suitable for ladies who have short curly hairs too, so they don’t feel left out of the fun. This hair styling technique helps to bring out the shape of the face, whether you are wearing makeup or not.
- Use a towel or a shirt to blot your hair. Blotting is done by gently pressing your hair with a towel or shirt to remove moisture. When blotting, do not rub the hair, just press it gently.
- When you feel like your hair is properly dry, apply styling products to your hair like conditioners, activators, hair creams, etc. You apply these products from the scalp to the strands.
- Allow for the hair to dry and keep your hands off.
For those people whose hair does not dry fast, they can speed up the process using a blow dryer at low heat and some diffuse attachments. But be careful when doing this, it can be very tricky to pull off.
3. Tight Curls
Another exquisite hairdo making waves in the fashion world is tight curls. This fancy hairstyle is so good that you can rock it with any outfit and on any occasion. Tight curls are one of the most difficult of all the curl styles to maintain, especially if they are natural.
This is because the hairstyle requires a lot of hair products, which are often expensive. It is a little wonder only top celebrities and some rich few wear this hair with confidence. This hairstyle gives you a bold personality with the curly waves seen flowing down, and there are different variations you can use to style curly hair such as this.
You can either let the hair flow on the side or send the wavy curls all back. Whichever one you choose still looks beautiful.
- Ensure that the hair is free from moisture. If not, blot your hair properly using a towel or shirt.
- Take a small section of your hair and wrap it round a curling iron.
- Leave it for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Now repeat this step until every part of the hair has been curled.
- Apply hair oil gently on the strands to make the hair look glossy and shiny.
These processes tend to take a lot of time, so patience is required.
4. Braided Top Knot
Simple, stylish, and fancy; these are the words best fit to describe this technique used to style curly hair. Imagine walking up the red carpet wearing this hair look; you are sure to attract lots of attention because of its elegance.
The beauty and important quality of this style is that it is suited for both short and long curls. Braided top knot features a braided middle hair with a knot at the back of the head. The remaining curls can either be left flowing on the side or taken backward.
Aside from rocking this hairstyle to glamorous events, it can also be used casually in school or taking a stroll around the park or at the movie theater.
- Gather a few portions of your curly hair from the middle.
- Braid the gathered hair but not the tail.
- Use a hair band to hold or tie the tail upwards.
- Use hair oil or hair spray on the other sides to leave it shiny and glossy.
5. Big Airy Curls
It is one of the most glossy curly hair techniques to wear. It gets your hair in fancy loops and tiny ringlets. It is ideal for any glamorous event or red carpet show. You can also wear this hairdo on any outfit. It is more pronounced for people with not so long natural curls.
But people with long curls can alternate the style to suit their hair length. This style has its ways of conforming to the shape of your face and reveals your neckline perfectly. Whitney Houston is one notable celebrity that pulled off this wonderful hairstyle.
- Remove excessive moisture from the hair.
- Blow the hair using a hairdryer at low heat.
- From the center of the hair, divide into two parts.
- Take a portion and use a curler or hair straightener to wrap the blown hair.
- Repeat this step for every part of the hair.
- Use your hands to brush the hair gently.
- Use a hair spray to apply glossy finishing to the hair.
You do need to feel angry or bad, not having straight hair. Curly hairs are a thing of beauty for you to enjoy and feel proud of. All you need do is learn how to style naturally curly hair, and a few tips on how to go about this has been shared with you.
Choose from among the listed styles, the one that best suits your personality or the occasion that it is required. Once this is done, all you need do is to rock the hair with the confidence and swagger of a star.