Dry skin is not a comfortable issue for any one who have it or suffering it. It comes with crack or itching on the skin. The majority have this skin problem in the winter time.
But sometimes it also happens naturally. It is so horrible and humiliating for those who has it. It can be developed any time at any age.
Natural Remedies for Dry Skin on Legs
Home or natural remedies are the best treatment for dry skin type legs because it has no side effects and it works very smoothly. Here I will talk about my favourite remedies which are natural.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil has useful antioxidants and fatty acids which are good for dry leg skin and curly hair too. It relaxes the dry skin very smoothly.
- Mix a large amount of olive oil with the moisturizer cream that you use regular.
- Before taking shower, rub some olive oil on your dry leg skin area and leave it for half an hour. Then after taking bath use moisturizer cream.
- You can use another very effective mixture. In this mixture you have to mix 2tbsp olive oil, 4tbsp brown sugar and 1tbsp honey. Use this mixture before bath and you will see a change after taking bath.
2. Milk Cream
Milk cream has lactic acid which is the best natural moisturizer. This element also helps to maintain ph. level of skin.
- Before bath, if you want to give a smooth change in your dry skin leg then try this mixture. Use some lemon juice, 1 tsp (tablespoon) of milk and 2tsp milk cream and use it on the dry area. After a while wash it and you will feel the smooth feeling in your skin.
- Another good paste is mixing gram flour and milk cream. Apply this paste and wash it after a while with warm water. Your dry skin will feel good.
Milk is good food for dry skin. It has essential elements that helps dry skin to heal sooner. It also helps dead skin on face to go away and bring some good changes in skin.
- This natural moisturizer is very helpful for dry skin. Just use some cold milk, apply it with a cloth then after some time wash it with warm water. this moisturizer is very good for dry skin.
- If you use rose water with milk you will get a good solution. Apply this solution on your dry area. Leave it for a while and wash with light warm water. Your dry area will feel smooth.
Honey is the best natural moisturizers which has antioxidant, humectant and antimicrobial elements. this element helps dry skin to heal into smooth skin. Also honey is fill with lots of minerals and vitamin.
- For smooth skin use honey on the dry area then wash it after some times. You will see the change.
- Use honey, olive oil, and beeswax and apply it on the skin. Then take shower. Your skin will feel good.
Yogurt is great for dry skin. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and all kinds of vitamin which are healer for dry skin.
- Use fresh yogurt and apply it on the dry skin area. After some time, wash it. Your dead skin will go away and your dry area will feel better.
- Another mixture is also best for dry skin leg. You have to add yogurt, papaya, honey and lemon juice. Apply this scrub and wash it after 10 minutes. You will feel the magic.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is good for dry skin. It has fatty acids which helps to recover the less moisture of skin.
- The best thing of coconut oil is you don’t have to mix anything with it. All you have to do is simply apply it and wash it to get soft skin naturally.
- The best result with coconut oil you will get after having bath just apply it on the dry area.
All these simple remedies really work for dry leg skin.
Home Treatments of Dry Skin on Legs
Using Oil :
There are many kinds of oil. The best oils are natural oils which are made from almond, avocado and jojoba. These oils are best skin food specially for dry skin.
You will not believe how sea salt works in dry skin. It is like a miracle. If you mix it with glycerine and apply it you will witness the change in your skin.
Aloe Vera Gel:
The best ever gel for dry skin is aloe vera gel. It has all kind of ingredients to heal a dry skin.
Can I put vaseline on my legs as I have very dry Skin?
Yes, you can use vaseline on the dry skin of your leg.
Due to the lack of moisture, the skin of your leg becomes dry. Vaseline can be very useful and cheap solution to provide moisture on the skin of your leg. Even you can use Vaseline anywhere of your body.
It’s a common problem in the winter season because our skin becomes dry in the cold weather due to the low humidity. Besides cold weather, dehydration, eating unhealthy foods, indoor heating and taking hot showers are the top reasons of having dry skin.
Generally, the skin of our legs becomes rough and dry which causes discomfort and reduces our confidence. Moreover, Dry skin reduces the beauty through providing a harsh look.
Using vaseline, you can protect your skin from reducing moisture level and make your skin soft, smooth and beautiful.
Skin is very sensitive part of our body. It should be taken care of with care. Dry skin leg is very uncomfortable for those who has it. If you experience dry leg skin, you can easily cure it by bringing changes in lifestyle and using proper moisturizers. If you suffer severe dry skin, go to your doctor.