How to Get Rid of Dark Underarms Overnight
Dark underarms are probably the most awkward thing for everyone out there to cope with. But the unfortunate truth is, today the majority of people have dark underarms which are way more than just uncomfortable.
Anyway, if you are one of those people stopped wearing sleeveless dresses because of their dark underarm issues, we have some good news for you! Yes, you don’t need to keep your trendy sleeveless tops into your cupboard anymore as you will have your solution to lighten the armpits by the time you scroll down to the bottom.
However, before we talk about the home remedies that can help you get rid of dark underarms overnight, let’s have a look at the things that are responsible for dark underarms.
Our Recommend – 3 Best Dark Underarms Products
- Can Be Used All Over the Body
- Get your beach body ready
- Brighten and moisturizing the skin
- All skin types
- Natural and safe
- Nourishing and soothing
- Restores skin elasticity
- Created to all skin types
- Enhances intimate areas skin
How to Lighten Dark Armpits Overnight
As I mentioned earlier, the skin of this part of the body is very sensitive and is prone to infections. Keeping personal hygiene and maintaining cleanliness is a must to get a fairer armpit.
Besides, fruits and veggies containing natural bleaching agents can help you remove your underarm darkness overnight. Here are a few simple yet extremely effective remedies for lightening your armpits that you can get started with right now!
Lemon juice is very beneficial to skin. It contains natural bleaching properties, antiseptic and Vitamin C that help to remove underarm dark spots.
- Cut a lemon into half and then rub the edge directly on your problem areas
- Leave it to dry for 10-15 minutes
- Wash away with cold water and apply moisturizer
- You can also mix lemon juice with honey and sugar for exfoliating and nourishing your skin
- You can try sunscreen on your underarms when you go out to save them from further discoloration
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very good solution to clean up your skin. It helps to remove excess oil, and bacteria from your skin making it naturally healthy and bright.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water
- Dilute the vinegar with the water. You can add more water if you think it to be very acidic
- Take a cotton ball and apply it directly on your underarms
- Give it a rest for 10 minutes
- Now, wash out and apply moisturizer afterward
Turmeric has been in the use from ages to lighten and brighten skin. It is a natural ingredient and is very useful to get rid of dark underarms.
- Take a large piece of dried turmeric and blend it in the blender to make a powder
- Take 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Mix the turmeric powder and the lime juice together and make a fine paste, almost like a pack
- Now, apply the pack on your armpits and give it a rest for at least 20 minutes
- Then rinse off carefully with a gentle massage and apply moisturizer
Coconut oil is nature’s blessing to get better skin and hair naturally. It contains some essential vitamins, minerals, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory agents that are very useful to lighten up your skin from inside. It is a natural moisturizer and contributes a lot to heal a number of health and beauty issues.
- Take 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- Take 2 teaspoons of rose water and 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix them altogether
- Apply the mixture to your underarms and leave for 30 minutes
- Now, wash off with mild body wash and there you go
Olive oil helps to remove body odor, dark spots and gives moisturization to the skin. It is enriched with vitamin A and E which can help you further to get your fair toned skin back. It also has some anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that really help to get rid of dark armpits overnight.
- Take 2 tablespoons of organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Take 1 tablespoon brown sugar or apricot
- Make a thick paste
- Then apply the paste all over your underarms and wait for 15 minutes to let it dry
- Wash away with mild bathing soap
Baking soda is a very good exfoliant which helps in removing dead skin cells leaving the skin soft and smooth. It can also contribute to a great extent to get your natural bright color back.
Baking soda is a decent handy ingredient for removing your underarm dark spots on an instant.
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and some water
- Make a thick paste with all these ingredients
- Apply the paste on to your problem areas and leave it for 20 minutes
- Now, wash with mild body wash and cold water and then apply a mild moisturizer afterward
Multani Mitti is widely used for its dust absorbing power. It removes the dead cells from the skin leaving the skin brighter and helps to open up the clogged pores. You can use it to get fairer armpits effortlessly.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Multani Mitti and 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Mix them together and apply to the armpits carefully
- Wash off after 15 minutes
Potato contains natural bleaching properties and has some essential acids that can help you get rid of underarm dark spots. Potato is mild on the skin and is very helpful in brightening the skin.
- Peel off a potato and cut a small slice
- Now, rub the potato slice to your armpits and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer afterward
What Causes Dark Underarms?
You can encounter dark underarm issues due to a number of reasons including some carelessness as well. The very first thing can be Deodorants that we use on a regular basis in our day to day life.
If your deodorants contain alcohol, you may experience dark armpits with time. The next thing that can dig it deeper is- the use of hair removing creams or razors on a daily basis.
Besides, consistent use of antiperspirants, the presence of dead skin cells under the arms can cause dark underarms as well.
Does Waxing or Plucking Causes Dark Underarms?
First of all, the skin in our armpit is extremely sensitive and consistent use of harsh deodorants, waxing or shaving can easily irritate the skin. And, this mere irritation can cause hyperpigmentation at the end of the day.
Besides, it can invite other skin issues like rashes, irritation, inflammation, etc. So, frequent plucking or waxing your underarms may cause dark underarms though waxing does help to remove the dead cells from the underarms.
Before I wrap up, let’s remind you once again that all these handy home remedies are truly effective when it comes to treating dark underarms issue.
And, the most satisfying thing regarding all these remedies is- neither they cost too much nor they have any reported side effects. So, you can expect to get rid of dark underarms overnight without causing any damage to your skin, unlike those chemical-based eye-catching beauty products.
All you need is to render a little bit effort to prepare the packs as directed above and a bit of patience to achieve your desired result.