Avocado is regarded as the magical fruit and we have a handful reason for that of course. Any guesses? Yes, for its versatile use on the skin and hair.
Likewise, to treat your curls right, we are here to present you 8 proven ways to use avocado hair mask for curly hair.
It’s not a wonder that women, especially with the curly hair face different issues like dry hair, rough hair, frizzy hair, hair fall, dullness and split ends due to the extreme pollution around the globe.
And, the shocking thing is- it is on the rise every day and seems to have no ends.
Is Avocado Good for Curly Hair?
Well, the answer is – Yes! Avocado is a magical fruit for curly hair since it contains natural moisturizer which helps to moisturize your hair from inside making it healthy and shiny.
It is the natural source of monosaturated fatty acids which is beneficial for your hair. The Vitamin E proportion in avocado prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth at the same time.
Considering all these, Avocado is indeed very good for your curly hair.
Avocado Hair Mask for Curly Hair
Avocado hair mask helps to prevent dry and rough hair and takes good care of the split ends. Want a healthy, shiny, and breakage free hair?
Take no time to get started with any of the following avocado hair masks to get rid of the issues with your curly hair.
1. Avocado and Honey Hair Mask
Honey is highly rich in natural antioxidants and moisturizing agents that are good for your curly hair and dry scalp. Let’s have a look on avocado-honey hair mask:
- Ripe avocado
- Few drops of Essential Oil (e.g. Rosemary Oil, Lavender Oil etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Make a thick paste with avocado, honey and lavender oil or rosemary oil.
- Get your hair wet with cold water but make sure you pat dry with a fresh towel.
- Apply the paste with a generous hand. Cover all the hair and scalp with the mixture.
- Focus more on the damaged parts of your hair.
- Massage gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave for half an hour.
- Now, rinse off with mild shampoo and condition afterward.
2. Avocado and Banana Hair Mask
Banana is also a natural moisturizer that helps in getting healthy and silky hair. Here you go with a banana hair mask that may be of your help to repair your damaged curls:
- A ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- Avocado (One large)
- Peel off a banana and blend it along with a ripe avocado
- Add a few drops of olive oil or coconut oil with this mixture
- Apply the mask from roots to the tips of your hair
- Massage gently with your fingertips
- Wash away with cold water and then apply shampoo
- Now, moisturize with a mild conditioner and there you go!
3. Avocado and Egg hair mask for Curly Hair
Eggs have been used as beauty products from the ancient period of time. People use egg as a face mask and hair mask because of its conditioning agents. Here is how to prepare a natural egg hair mask with avocado for your curls:
- One egg
- Ripe avocado
- Lavender oil
- Crack an egg and blend it with a ripe avocado.
- Form a thick paste with it, make sure there are no lumps.
- Add a few drops of honey and lavender oil with the mixture. Blend well.
- Now, apply the paste all over the hair gently. Cover fully.
- Wait to dry for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off and there you go!
4. Avocado and Coconut Oil for Curly hair
Coconut oil is one of the most used hair oils and is very popular among women. Coconut oil contains vitamin E, anti-oxidants and anti-fungal agents.
It is also a natural moisturizer. When avocado and coconut oil get mixed together, it becomes a magical hair repairer naturally. Let’s have a quick look on avocado and coconut oil hair mask in the following:
- One ripe avocado (medium in size)
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- A thin shower cap
- Mash the ripe avocado in a large bowl
- Make sure the avocado is completely lumps free
- Now add 2 tablespoons of organic warm coconut oil in the bowl and mix well until they are blended together
- Make a paste and then start applying it to your scalp and hair with your fingertips
- Take rest for 20 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo
5. Avocado and Yogurt Hair Mask
You probably know that yogurt contains high protein and moisturizing properties that works in a great way to repair damaged hair. Here is how to make a curly hair mask with avocado and yogurt:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Yogurt as per need
- Olive Oil
- Mash the avocado and mix it with all the other ingredients as stated above.
- Make a thick paste with all these things.
- Apply the paste all over your hair and scalp with your fingertips.
- Focus on the tips of your curls as they are the most delicate ones.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes after covering properly with the mask.
- Wash with mild shampoo and then pat dry.
6. Avocado and Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal is a natural nutrient for your body and hair as well. Eating oatmeal will strengthen you internally and applying it on your hair will soften your curls naturally.
Here is how you can prepare an avocado-oatmeal mask for your curly hair:
- 1 medium-sized avocado
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- Grind the oatmeal in a grinder to make it powdery.
- Now blend the oatmeal powder, milk and avocado altogether.
- Make a thick paste.
- Cover your head and hair with the paste.
- Massage gently with your fingertips.
- Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
7. Avocado with Lemon and Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is called the magic plant. It’s such kind of a plant that helps you in a variety of ways.
Aloe vera plant is the source of natural moisturization, Vitamin A & E, anti-oxidants and other important properties that are your best friend for hair care.
Again, lemon is a natural vitamin and cleaner. When these things are mixed and applied on the hair, your hair grows faster.
Wishing for a drastic change with avocado hair mask overnight might seem illogical yet you can expect to have softer and silkier hair in a whole natural way.
Here is how you can make aloe vera and avocado mask for your hair:
- Lemon juice
- Organic aloe vera gel
- A whole medium sized avocado
- A blender
- Pick organic aloe vera stem from the aloe plant and take the freshly got aloe gel.
- Squeeze half of a lemon and take few drops of lemon juice.
- Mash the avocado.
- Mix all the three together to make a fine paste with a thick consistency.
- Apply the paste all over your hair, head, and scalp.
- If you like, you can massage or just leave it as such for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, rinse off with cold water and then shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo.
8. Avocado and Mayonnaise Mask for Curly Hair
Mayonnaise is made of olive oil, vinegar, and eggs that are the natural source of protein, vitamin, and fat. Mayonnaise is very good for hair because it prevents frizzy hair and dullness and makes your hair silky smooth and shiny.
Besides, it also helps your hair grow faster. And, on top of everything, Mayonnaise is a natural conditioner for curls.
Here is the simplest way you can make mayo mask for your curly hair:
- A medium sized organic and ripe avocado
- 1 bowl of mayonnaise
- Shower cap (optional)
- At first, mash the avocado finely
- Then pour the whole bowl of mayo to the avocado paste
- Mix them well until you get a thick paste
- Now, it’s time to apply it all over your hair with your fingertips
- Give it a rest for half an hour
- Shampoo your hair afterward
Additional Tips for Curly Hair Mask:
- If you find these masks effective, you can apply it every alternative day
- Apply every mask by rotation to get proper nutrition from every natural object
- If you are too lazy to make hair masks very often, you can find organic avocado oil which is equally helpful for your curls though little expensive
- Drink plenty of water regularly
- Apply protein on your curls as curly hair loses moisture quickly
- If you don’t find any other ingredients than avocado, then you simply can mash an avocado and apply it like a layer on your hair which is also effective for your hair
To conclude, we suggest you take proper care of your curls with the above-stated masks. These masks are easy to make as the ingredients are very easy to find.
As a girl with stubborn curls, I understand how much effort you need to give to manage your curls. But, you know, sometimes, curls are way smarter than straight hair if your hair is healthy and damage free.
Though avocado with lemon and aloe vera is my personal favorite, you can get started with any of these masks.
We hope you are going to experience noticeable changes within a few usages.